Volunteers - we need you!
We have approximately 200 local people who volunteer their time and talents to Rossendale Hospice every year and we are always looking to recruit more volunteers to help us with a variety of tasks:
- Website Development
- Hairdressing for Day Therapy patients
- Volunteer driver
- Administrative support
- Day therapy
- Charity shop
- Whatever you have to offer, whenever you can offer, we can turn your time into a valuable contribution.
If you would like more information about volunteering your time to the Hospice please contact Michaela Cross on 01706 253633 Opt 4 or email email@example.com
There are lots of benefits to volunteering at Rossendale Hospice:
- Gaining valuable hands on experience in a healthcare/hospice setting
- Making a positive difference to the lives of our patients and supporters
- Making the most of your skills and experience to help others
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- Training and on-going support as necessary
- Whatever your motivation you will feel part of our team and you will be playing your part in ensuring that we deliver the very best care to our patients and their families and friends
Betty Wright helps serve refreshments and lunch to patients. She also gets the opportunity to chat with patients and assist during activities. If you’d like to support our Day Therapy team on an adhoc basis, please get in touch
Hilary Martin meets and greets hospice visitors in reception and answers phone calls. We are currently seeking a volunteers to cover on an adhoc basis.
To drive patients to and from the hospice once a week, and to assist with any other driving duties in support of the hospice i.e. fundraising, collection of items for charity shops and trips out.
The Befriending Coordinator is looking for volunteers with a few hours to spare on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis at weekdays, weekends or evenings to provide some company for socially isolated people in Rossendale with long-term conditions.
To assist with promoting the Hospice’s work within the community, attending events and cheque presentations, manning Hospice stalls at events, raffle’s, tombola’s, and the local carnival each year. Assisting at collections held at various supermarkets. If you are a good organiser and like working for the local community and enjoy meeting people then this role is for you!
Friends of Rossendale Hospice Support Groups
We are currently setting up ‘Friends of the Hospice’ groups who will organise their own fundraising events locally, You will be supported by the Hospice fundraising team. Join our current Rawtenstall fundraising group who meet at the Hospice every two months to share ideas.
Penny Pinching Collecting Box Volunteer
By distributing our penny pinching boxes within Rossendale you will help us raise vital fundsVolunteer Leaflet Volunteer Application Form