Rossendale Hospice has launched a Payroll Giving Scheme
What is Payroll Giving?
Payroll Giving allows your employees to support their preferred charity by making tax-free donations from their salary.
Charities Trust make it really simple for both employers and employees to set up and run a give-as-you-earn scheme.Your payroll department or bureau sends the employee deductions to Charities Trust who then distribute the money to the charities.
Will my employees want a Payroll Giving Scheme?
It’s their choice whether they donate, and who they donate to. A survey* of over 1,000 employees found that almost one third said they would be likely to donate using a Payroll Giving Scheme. *Survey conducted by Communicate Research in June 2013.
Why should I offer a Payroll Giving Scheme to employees?
- It’s a great tool to motivate and engage with your employees
- It is an easy way to enhance your corporate social
- responsibility policy and it provides you with a good news story that you can share
- It makes your company stand out from the crowd in the media
- You will receive a National Payroll Giving Quality Mark and be eligible to enter the Payroll Giving Excellence Awards.
- The schemes are easy to set up and most Payroll Giving providers give assistance with both the implementation and the marketing of your scheme
- Your employees can make regular tax-free donations to the charity of their choice
Why is a Payroll Giving Scheme more beneficial than a donation?
- It provides a regular, sustainable income to Rossendale Hospice or a charity of your choice
- The charity can spend less time on administration and more time fundraising for other donations
- It’s tax free – your donation is taken from your salary before tax
- It’s really easy to set up
- It’s flexible – you can easily change how much you donate
- It’s confidential – you can choose to remain anonymous to the charity
- You are making a difference to the lives of local people living with cancer or another life-limiting illness
- It avoids higher tax rate payers having to complete an annual tax return
Tax free - How much does each donation cost me?
As your donation receives tax relief, if you are a basic rate tax payer, every £1 you donate to the charity costs you 80p. If you are higher rate tax payer, every £1 you donate costs you 60p.
How do I find out more?
If you'd like to find out more, please click here to download an employers and employees guide or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning on 01706 253633 opt 3.
The Payroll Giving Scheme Launch Event
Rossendale Hospice, Haslingden-based Cassons and East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce, joined forces to host an event in Spring 2017 with a focus on Payroll Giving which was attended by leaders from some of the region’s largest businesses.
The event was part of the East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce Diamond Ambassador’s series of lunches with additional business guests invited by Rossendale Hospice. Les Nutter, Managing Partner of Cassons, who sponsored the event, said he was urging as many businesses as possible to look at introducing Payroll Giving schemes for their employees. For me “Payroll Giving represents a very simple way of encouraging people to make tax efficient donations to their local hospice or indeed any charity of their choice.”
Guest speaker at the event was Mark Adlestone, OBE and Chairman of Beaverbrooks the Jewellers, five times winner of the UK’s Best Leader award in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work’, based on his dedication to running the business on sound moral principles and inspiring his employees.
Please click here to read the full news article or view some of the photos taken at the event are below.
Payroll Giving Leaflet for Employers
Payroll Giving Leaflet for Employees
Sam Plum, Director of Communities at Rossendale Borough Council
Tony Fiocca from Rosso Buses
Rob Hallam, Director of Bigtank Productions
Rob Hallam and Brendan O' Reilly, Commercial Manager at Rosso Buses
Pete Farrow, Director of Farrow and Farrow Estate Agents
Mark Adlestone, Chair of Beaverbrooks
Les Nutter, Managing Partner at Cassons
Les Nutter, Sponsor of the event
Kerry Woodall, PA to Director at Arthouse
Jodie Shenton, Community Engagement Officer at Rossendale Leisure Trust
Janine Packman, Director of Tricketts Insurance Brokers
Irene Chambers, Trustee at Rossendale Hospice (on right)
Emma Farrow, Director of Farrow and Farrow Estate Agents
Christine Lambe, Director of Training at East Lancs Chamber of Commerce
Bill Jones from Arthouse
Andy Ward, Associate Corporate Manager at HSBC
Alison Whittaker-Stewart, Fundraising and Marketing Manager
Christine Lambe, Mark Adlestone, Les Nutter and Alison Whittaker-Stewart