Hospice at Home
What is Hospice at Home?
Our Hospice at Home is a service specially designed and developed to extend hospice care into the community to support patients with palliative care needs.
Care is based on the Hospice philosophy which values each patient as an individual and recognises the need for family/carer support.
Hospice at Home operates as a partnership between Rossendale Hospice, Social Services and the local Primary care Trust. Care packages include social care, a combination of both social and nursing care, leading to enhanced specialist palliative nursing care, working closely with District Nurse, Macmillan Nurses GPs and Social Workers.
Our Hospice at Home service is led by a Senior Nurse Team Leader and Staff Nurse who manage our team of Health Care Assistants and ad-hoc Registered General Nurses. All staff are specially trained in caring for patients and their families/carers with a terminal illness.
The Aims of Hospice at Home
- To give more choice and support to those who wish to live, be cared for, and to die at home
- To give the highest possible standards of nursing care, offering advice on pain and symptom control, as well as emotional and practical support for the patient and their carers
- To work closely with the patients District Nurse and, GP to ensure seamless and holistic palliative care may be given to the patient and their carers
What Hours is Hospice at Home Available?
Care is delivered seven days a week including Bank Holidays. Night care is also available subject to individual patient need.
What is the Referral Criteria?
- The patient must agree to the referral
- The patient must be an adult over the age of 18 and reside in Rossendale
- The patient must have palliative care needs, with a life limiting illness
Please feel free to download a copy of the Hospice at Home patient literature
If you would like any more information or advice, please contact the Hospice at Home Team on 01706 253633 Option 2.Hospice At Home Leaflet Family & Carer Support Hospice Referral Form