You can light up the life of a loved one this Christmas and make a special dedication in their memory.
Light up a Life allows you to celebrate special people because we believe everyone deserves to shine this Christmas. You can remember the life you shared, the privilege of knowing that person and the wonderful memories you hold dear.
The service is a non-denominational and will be full of joyful Christmas carols and provide a time for reflection when you see your dedication on a screen.
Dedications made before Wednesday 1st December 2021 will be featured on the screen at the main service. We are unable to guarantee that dedications received after this date will appear on screen. Please contact fundraising on 01706 253633 for more details.
Our well attended Light up a Life service provides a moment of quiet to join others in lighting a candle in memory of your loved ones and remembering the memories you hold dear. The brass band and carols will provide a lovely atmosphere along with hot drinks and mince pies. Minimum donation £5 per dedication. For each order, you have the option to receive a special card with your loved one(s) names included.
The Light up a Life candlelit service is held on
Thursday 9th December 2021
At St Mary’s Church, Rawtenstall
Service starts at 7pm prompt
THIS YEARS SERVICE IS TICKETED ONLY DUE TO REDUCED CAPACITY. PLEASE CALL THE FUNDRAISING TEAM ON 01706 253633 - OPTION 3 FOR MORE DETAILS.
The Christmas Wreaths are back! This time you can have one personalised with your loved ones names (maximum of 4 names per wreath) and place it on your door. The wreaths will continue to line the streets and brighten up gardens for all to see however they won't be permitted on street lampposts. This years wreath allows you to be more creative and add outdoor lights to it and make it shine brighter than ever. You will also be able to keep your wreath as a keepsake.
Each door wreath is 47cm x 42cm.
Collection only from Rossendale Hospice - From 1st December 2021.
NEW! Hanging Decoration:
We have also included a hanging decoration, which you can choose where to hang it. You may like to place one in a memorial garden or hang it in your home. All hanging decorations are supplied blank for you to dedicate to whoever you wish. You may want to purchase them for friends and family.
Hanging Decorations are 18cm x 20cm.
Collection Only from Rossendale Hospice - From 1st December 2021.
To make a dedication click register at the top of the page or contact fundraising on 01706 253633 – option 3 to make a dedication over the phone.
Remembering your loved ones through Light up a Life is a truly special occasion for you but it also makes every moment count for local people living with a life limiting condition.
Your donation could:
• Provide help to a newly diagnosed patient who needs access to support and advice.
• Help a patient struggling with the stress and anxiety of living with their illness by providing a relaxing massage that helps emotionally as well as physically.
• Help families facing their last Christmas to make special memories, whilst being in the care of our Hospice at Home nurses.
• Give bereaved carers the support they need to go on to live normal lives following the loss of a loved one.
• Your donation could help touch the lives of many local people, in many different ways.
• At Rossendale Hospice our dedicated and experienced team offer help, information and support to those within the Valley living with a life-limiting condition, both at the hospice and in the patient’s own home.